Lately, I’ve been looking for some new music for Edge of Grace. But I’ve been kind of specific in my search.
We have some incredible female vocalists in the band, but most of the songs that we’ve done over the years have been led by a dude. We’ve done some great songs with the ladies, but it’s probably a 15%/85% ratio overall. Or even less!
Based on the talent we have, I feel like the ratio should be closer to 50/50. But the problem is, we’ve had a lot of trouble finding great rock songs with female vocals. There’s simply far more great songs out there for the male voice.
So I’ve been on a search lately for some great “chick rock“. Songs that can hold their own against the other stuff we do.
After months of searching, I’ve compiled a list of 28 songs that I’m asking the band to listen to and give me feedback. Particulary the ladies.
Here’s the list. Let me know what you think. (And yes there are a few that aren’t really rock songs…
- All That Matters by Addison Road
- It Just Takes One by Addison Road
- Your Way by Adie
- When It’s Over by Adie
- If I’ll Ever by Adie
- Turn Turn Turn by Adie
- Everyone Under the Sun by Vicky Beeching
- Everlasting Arms by Vicky Beeching
- All Over Me by The Benjamin Gate
- You Decide by Fireflight
- Unbreakable by Fireflight
- Brand New Day by Fireflight
- Stand Up by Fireflight
- So Help Me God by Fireflight
- All Around Me by Flyleaf
- Supernatural by Flyleaf
- Alive Again by Lanae’ Hale
- Start Over by Lanae’ Hale
- Stay by Lanae’ Hale
- Are You With Me by Inhabited
- Old School by Inhabited
- Sing My Love by Sarah McMillan
- Superstar by Stephanie Smith
- Not Afraid by Stephanie Smith
- Love Me Like You Do (So Amazing) by Vineyard
- Enough by Molly Williams
- Jesus Loves Me by Molly Williams
- Mary’s Song by Molly Williams